Doomtown Forum Index Doomtown
A forum to discuss all things related to the Doomtown CCG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rich Carter's Championship Deck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Doomtown Forum Index -> Texas Rangers - Dixie Rails
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichCarter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Rich Carter's Championship Deck Reply with quote

This here is my first championship deck - albeit after the game was officially closed down. (Actually, this is probably a more refined version of the 2004 deck - to be honest. The theory is the same though)

After playing Lynch Mob based Law Dogs decks for a number of years I though I could find a way to spike the power of it by adding Ezzie to the mix. And with a little analysis I was able to also put a fairly reliable Dead Man's Hand possibility into the deck at the same time, making it into a double threat.
Funny thing about it though, after winning the final match against my friend Charlie Hooks, we did the deck list only to discover that I was short a card. Charlie had played against my deck nemerous times locally and could not identify what possible card it could be. So we titled the deck "Where's Bob?" figuring that the missing card was a Bob Bidwell, a fairly typical addition to a Lynch Mob deck.
Turns out we were wrong. The next year I found the luck to win again (with Mob Justice) and ended up running one card heavy. Turned out that one slightly shinier sleeve housed the drifter Abel Owens - which happened to be on value for both decks and didn't stand out (and that deck became Officially known as "who invited Abel?"

Texas Rangers ~ Dixie Rails
19 Starting Ghost Rock / +3 Production

Starters:
JS J.P. Coleman (exp)
3S Camille Sinclair
5S Father Terrance
2S Army of the Dead
10S Ezzie
~17 Ghost Rock Total - 2 Remaining~

AS Dustin Halloway
AS Dirt-Faced Figueroa
AS Charlie Landers
2S Cassidy Greene
2S Roughneck Mack
3S Bob Bidwell
3S Reverend C.A. Johnson
5S Light Stalker
6S Tombstone Frank
7S Barthalomew Prospectus
8S Sergeant Sean Slade
8S Bobo Leveux
8S Cassandra
8S James Hastings
9S Rex Handlen
JS The Drifter

AD The Lode
AD Candy Shop
8D Pony Express
8D Stagecoach Office
8D Fine China Shop
JD Chain Gang
JD Toy Shop
JD Bat's Breath Mine
JD Deadland

AC Lady Luck x2
AC Gaping Maw
5C Warrant x2
7C Framed
8C Jackelope Stampede
8C Lynch Mob x3
9C Bad to the Bone
JC Speakin' with the Dead
JC Who are you, again?
QC Mob Justice
KC Red-Handed

AH Brimstone Bullets
AH Eureka?!?
8H Lynchin' Noose
8H Confession x2
JH Penny Farthing

Death's Head Joker x2
Big fish in small ponds
Rancord

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can u like move this to the dixie rail thread?
RichCarter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dixie Rails gets it's own thread - not sure I like that sort of precedent...Cool
Big fish in small ponds
Sniktch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, given how differently each of the Homes can and usually is played, it might be a good idea to subforum each Outfit by the respective Home - a Wasatch Rails plays nothing like a classic Collegium, and New Front plays differently than both, and both call for different construction tactics. Whateleys Original calls for different planning and play than EF, and Black Circle plays differently as well...and had the Marsh Clan ever gotten printed, that one would have played differently, too. Yeah, the Dudes available to an Outfit are limited...but dude selection is influenced by the Home chosen, as is Actions, Deeds...all of it.

To put it another way - most Whateleys Original decks won't start Hoodo, Nebuchadnezzar, and Zombie Miners...and due to their low values, most won't include them if they can't start them. But EF ADORES them - low cost, good abilities, two potential 3-Studs, and 2 bonus Influence potential, all with no Upkeep. Most Texas Rangers Original or Coalition wouldn't dare start Cassandra, because 2 Upkeep and 5 cost for a 1-stud, 1 Influence is bad, even Harrowed and with two abilities...but Dixie Rails, she's a staple.
Rancord

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey dude, I still cant log on into ccgworkshop, I badly wanna play and try out my whatheley deck in real life with a bit of modifications online. Sad HWen can I log back in? its annoying.
gamesmeister
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sniktch wrote:
Honestly, given how differently each of the Homes can and usually is played, it might be a good idea to subforum each Outfit by the respective Home - a Wasatch Rails plays nothing like a classic Collegium, and New Front plays differently than both, and both call for different construction tactics. Whateleys Original calls for different planning and play than EF, and Black Circle plays differently as well...and had the Marsh Clan ever gotten printed, that one would have played differently, too. Yeah, the Dudes available to an Outfit are limited...but dude selection is influenced by the Home chosen, as is Actions, Deeds...all of it.

Yep, I plan to have a separate forum for each home, as like you I think they're better organised that way. I've just yet to add the additional forums (except for Dixie Rails), but will do so over the weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Doomtown Forum Index -> Texas Rangers - Dixie Rails All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: